Tim Van Damme Inspired by Tim Vand Damme

Blog

23 February 2010

My Applicant Statement.



I am a rational, curious, and observant person. Since I was young I have always had a keen interest to find out how things work. I enjoy finding the answer and debating issues with other people. I hope my enthusiasm in science and math can apply into daily life and contribute for the society.

Working in a logistics company has extended my vision to many fields. I have got a chance to visit the army camp, free trade zone in the seaport and airport, electrical and automotive factories and many more. Besides that, I have met professionals from different fields, and they were willing to share their experience with me. They told me to imagine a future world and try to find my place in the world.

I anticipate civil engineering and geotechnical engineering will be challenging and demanding careers in the future. In my opinion, the technology in these fields will change the world in the future. Construction of the buildings and infrastructures had made up our world, such as the Suez Canal connects the western and eastern part of the world, Channel Tunnel developed the transportation between France and England, SMART Tunnel alleviates flooding in Kuala Lumpur and The Singapore Deep Sewerage Station has been contributing for the water treatment and supply. Today's “Mega-cities” are Overcrowded so underground spaces and the hill slopes are alternatives for the future space development. As a result, the technology in geotechnical engineering is becoming more important in the future.

I am a lively and energetic person. I enjoy working with others and be able to motivate them to keep learning. When I was a group leader in the hostel committee of my high school, I had got a chance to lead a team of senior hostel's student to lay out a constitution for the hostel committee. The most challenging part is to convene a meeting between our school principal and the leaders of hostel committee.

I hope to build on my knowledge of mathematics and physics and learn the pioneer technology in geotechnical engineering to apply it to real life situations. I believe that a degree from your university will act as a key for a successful career in the future and expect this career is important and very rewarding, especially when I see projects that I have worked on being built from start to completion.

About [SD]Sorry

My Photo
Siang
Tan is an enthusiastic person, but people told him that's called "talkative". This LEMON GIA always trying to work intensively to bring joy and happiness around friends.
View my complete profile

I am Sorry Design by Insight © 2009